What interests YOU?

Do you have a particular topic or issue that interests you? Would you like me to zero in a bit more in that area? Just write me at 777researchit@gmail.com

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Bible Stories

An interesting part of the Bible is found in the story of Esther. There we find two men who went head-to-head, and the one ended up being hung on the gallows he had built for the other one. Mordecai and Haman are the two men.

Haman was an Agagite,and a descendant of King Agag whom was not killed because of King Saul’s disobedience to the Word of the Lord.

I am told that Mordecai and Esther were descendants of King Saul. However, after having researched this further I do not see how this would have been possible. Saul had a number of kids, but all their “lines” seem to dwindle out long before Mordecai.

As we all know, Michal (King Saul’s daughter) married King David, but she never had a child with him “till the day she died”. Did that mean that she had one on the day she died — as in died while/after giving birth? If she did have a child it is not recorded in the Bible…as far as I know.

I am currently writing to a scholar who wrote on his website that Mordecai and Esther were descendants of King Saul, asking him how he came to that conclusion.

If you too would like to research the Bloodlines of Bible times here is a site that you will find helpful: http://www.complete-bible-genealogy.com/index.htm

No comments: